Monday 29 August 2011

Mercedes-Benz Sydney Fashion Festival 2011


This past weekend I was lucky enough to attend Mercedes-Benz Sydney Fashion Festival. I went with my friend Ellie to the last of the review shows and was wowed by the sheer magnitude of art that walked down the runway. Alex Perry and Josh Goot had beautiful flowing creations that make every girl feel like a princess, Bowie (my all time favourite Australian designer) surprised with an amazing collection that left me wanting more from my idol. Just for my loyal readers i've recorded his runway show for those of you who couldn't be there to see his masterpiece in action!








The theme for this season seems to be unanimous, brights mixed together in an unconventional manner, Tan outfits with signature heels, sequins have reappeared which always makes me happy and also a resounding choice of long flowing dresses which compliment almost every body type. Also the biggest trend hitting the runway was white, every girl should own at least one statement white dress for this season. Camilla and Marc had one interesting piece which showed this off quite well. A pink over-sized top with a yellow balloon skirt, showcasing exactly why this years spring/summer trends will make everyone smile.

Manning Cartell also surprised with a collection of summer prints that make me wish for warmer weather and cocktail parties. Her designs were a mixture of her own staples along with a hint of Alannah Hill in her choice of print. Also pairing brights with statement necklaces and heels making more than one dramatic statement on the runway.

Manning Cartell

But I must say one of the dresses that in my opinion stole the show was an amazing gown by Rachel Gilbert which was eye catching to say the very least. It was something right out of a fairytale and moved with such ease and grace it left me speechless.

Rachel Gilbert - Evening Gown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment